ZEN One Signature
Our ZEN One Signature takes the DAC stage from the ZEN DAC V2, adds S/PDIF inputs (optical and coaxial) alongside the USB port, stirs in Bluetooth technology from the ZEN Blue V2 and seasons the pot with Signature-grade circuit enhancements to create a delicious audio brew.
The result? The ZEN One Signature is a pure DAC (no built-in headphone amp and volume control) that serves as a home audio hub for all your digital devices, from smartphones and tablets to PCs and Macs, disc players and audio servers to TVs and games consoles.
Home Hub DAC
The ZEN One Signature is the first ZEN DAC to support all hi-res: DSD256, PCM384, MQA384kHz, Bluetooth 96KHz.
- 96kHz Hi-Res Bluetooth: LDAC, HWA/LHDC, aptX Adaptive/HD/LL, AAC
- USB audio using 16 Core 2000MIPS XMOS low latency microcontroller (MQA decoder)
- Fully balanced 4.4mm output
Purity of design, no headphone amp, no volume control. The ultimate DAC for all your home audio sources.
The next-generation HD Bluetooth technology in the ZEN One Signature ensures the best sound from every source.
Extensive high-definition codec support – aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, LDAC and HWA/LHDC.
High-gain antenna delivers extended Bluetooth range.
You’ll love it.
The ZEN One Signature offers the following to transform home music enjoyment:
- True Native hi-res DAC – supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM and fully native DSD
- Powerful 16-core XMOS processor – performs full MQA decoding (to 384kHz)
- Upgraded GMT femto-precision clock and customised digital filter eradicate jitter and other forms of digital distortion
- Coaxial S/PDIF digital outputs support 24-bit/192kHz PCM
Balanced circuitry is what the ZEN series is famed for. The ZEN One Signature continues the tradition:
- Balanced circuit design with Signature-grade circuit components delivers ultra-low distortion and exceptional sonic purity
- 4mm Balanced and RCA single-ended analogue outputs – connect to an integrated amp, preamp, headphone amp or active speakers
The Signature series always includes extra special additions:
- Low-jitter femto clock crystal provides >20dB performance
- 16 Core 2000MIPS XMOS low-latency microcontroller – 4x more processing power
- C0G capacitors – high-linearity, excellent temperature/frequency characteristics
- MELF resistors – high-precision and low-noise
- Taiyo Yuden and Murata inductors – low-impedance power supply rails
- High-gain antenna for extended range
Thanks to the XMOS 16 core tech, the ZEN One Signature is an MQA Decoder.
This enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. The LED glows green or blue to indicate that the unit is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file, and denotes provenance to ensure that the sound is identical to that of the source material. It glows blue to indicate it is playing an MQA Studio file, which has either been approved in the studio by the artist/producer or has been verified by the copyright owner.
MQA rendering technology (used in the original versions of some other iFi products) connects to an MQA Core signal and completes the final unfold of an MQA file. Core decoding is included in streaming services such as TIDAL, as well as select media players.
DACs convert digital information, stored or streamed by computers, into music we can hear through speakers or headphones.
Every device that’s a source of digital sound has a built-in DAC (TVs, games consoles, CD players, phones, portable music players etc). Dedicated external DACs sound much better than standard DACs used in digital devices such as phones.