PLEASE READ BEFORE UPGRADING FIRMWARE
PART ONE: Compatible products
- The iFi XMOS firmware is heavily customised by iFi in-house. Under NO circumstances use this firmware on a non-iFi XMOS platform.
- All firmware is unified (works across all listed machines):
- ZEN DAC*
- Hip DAC
- Micro iDSD, BL and Signature*
- Micro iDAC 2
- Nano iDSD original, BL and LE
- Nano iONE
- Retro Stereo 50
*(PLEASE check your product serial number to determine if it requires V5.0 OR 7.0 firmware).
No damage will ensure as the incorrect firmware will only fail to upload.
- Downgrading firmware is possible. Example: 5.30 to 5.20. Or v7.0C > v7.0.
- It is not possible to switch between V5.x and 7.x. There is no risk of damage as the firmware update will simply be unsuccessful.
- Firmware updates inherently carry risk of damage to the unit and of voiding your warranty.
- As with all firmware upgrades, there is a risk of bricking your product if something goes wrong during the upgrade process. If your iFi product is bricked, please send it back to the dealer/distributor for servicing.
We do not recommend upgrading or downgrading the firmware just for ‘fun’, only when necessary.
PART TWO: MQA LED explained
- Magenta is the official MQA LED colour on iFi machines. Due to MQA technology being implemented after our legacy products when playing MQA this LED may not change to magenta. Some products have been revised since with MQA, depending on shipping date it will have an MQA sticker on the packaging. If you have an MQA sticker on the packaging your machine will display magenta for MQA, if not please refer to the table below. This is purely cosmetic only, the MQA filter is always active once firmware 5.3o or 5.30C is installed.
|micro iDSD BL||Yellow|
|nano iDSD BL||Magenta|
|nano iDSD LE||White|
|Retro Stereo 50||Magenta or White|