Fi XMOS firmware Pro iDSD v2.08, dated 10 October 2019, is ready for public download.
This latest firmware v2.08 is unified and is suitable for ONLY the Pro iDSD.
Please read before upgrading firmware:
- MAC USERS: USB C will not work for firmwares, you must use a USB A port
- Do not use the following firmware on any other iFi product. Use only on the Pro iDSD.
- Firmware updates inherently carry the risk of damage to the unit and of voiding your warranty.
- As the iFi XMOS firmware is heavily customised by iFi in-house, under NO circumstances attempt to use this firmware on any other non-iFi XMOS platform.
- As with all such firmware upgrades, there is a risk of bricking your iFi product if something goes wrong during the upgrade. If your iFi product is bricked, you need to send it back to the dealer/distributor for re-flash.
Step 2: Download the latest firmware from below:
|2||2.08||11 Oct 2019||Minor Bug Fixes and Optimisations|
- Optimised transistor/tube settings to improve operational parameters as measured and calibrated on Audio Precision
- Fixed the invert of the ‘Pro’ and ‘HiFi’ settings
- Other minor optimisations and bug fixes
|1||2.01||27 Feb 2019||Major Optimisations|
- Adds MQA Decoding and Rendering
- Modifies the invalid problem of USB feedback
- Adds DARS and WLCK clock synchronisation
- Resolved some previously identified bugs
- Playing MQA songs needs to be adjusted to the maximum volume to recognise MQA.
- In MQA, filters and DSD do not work.
- External time synchronisation is only possible with USB input
Clock synchronisation rules:
- Frequency range of 44.1/48kHz+4K
- Frequency offset range of 88/96 kHz+2K
- Frequency range of 176/192kHz+1K
- Frequency offset range of 352/384 kHz+500 Hz
• Frequency offset range of 768 kHz + 250 Hz
DSD: Clock synchronisation is not supported.