iFi USB Audio Class 2.0 Driver Installation & Download
Apple MAC OSX and Linux support USB audio class 2 natively, hence no driver is needed.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 Driver Installation Process:
Please manually uninstall all previous XMOS related drivers (XMOS, AMR, iFi or from other vendors) and reboot the computer before installing this latest driver. Depending on the computer hardware, you may have to reinstall the driver again if the USB port to which the iFi USB Audio device is attached is changed.
1) Download the driver file.
Download: iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 3.2.exe
(In some instances it may be necessary to disable the antivirus software to install this driver.)
2) Run the “iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 3.2.exe” file you downloaded.
3) Follow the on screen instructions and ensure the iFi equipment is plugged in.
1) To use the newly installed driver, under “Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound”, select “iFi (by AMR) HD + USB Audio”.
2) For software players that support ASIO and/or WASAPI interfaces, we recommend using those interfaces for the best sound. Please refer to each individual player’s instructions for details.
This V3.2 driver update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
i. New ‘automatic’ buffer setting that ensures the buffer is always correct (important for high sample rates). Optimal buffer size is no longer set by
‘trial and error’ and the sound is always the best.
Further, the maximum buffer setting was previously 8192 but now can go as high as 32,768 samples (0.74 sec ASIO Buffer @ 44.1kHz). This can help
reduce disk activity and can making audio streaming more resilient if the PC has multiple uses.
ii.Fixed: Implemented larger number of Buffers to resolve ‘not enough buffers for this sample rate Error’
iii.Fixed: ASIO DSD Driver behaviour adjusted to improve compatibility with DAW Software.
This driver update contains new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
* Fix: Improve Windows 8/8.1/10 compatibility. Note: Windows XP is no longer supported.
iFi Retro Stereo 50
iFi micro iDSD (and BL)
iFi micro iDAC2
iFi micro iONE
iFi nano iDSD (and LE)
iFi micro iDAC
iFi micro iLINK
(and AMR DP-777: www.amr-audio.co.uk)
Before proceeding, a user note.
In the event that any incompatibility issues arise with v3.2, then please download and use v2.26 (Download:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe).
For further technical queries, please open a support ticket here: http://support.ifi-audio.com/