nano iDSD BL/LE/original – Firmware
iFi XMOS firmware version 5.30 ‘Cookies & Cream’ is ready for public download.
This latest firmware v5.30 ‘Cookies & Cream’ is unified (read: works on the following machines):
• nano iDSD BL/LE/original
• RETRO Stereo 50
• micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD
• micro iDAC2
• nano iONE*
Magenta is the official MQA LED colour on iFi machines. However, on legacy machines without the Magenta LED option, when an MQA file is played, the LED colour will be White/Yellow corresponding to the 384kHz file being played. The actual LED colour is cosmetic – once firmware v5.30 is installed, the correct MQA filter is activated during MQA playback.
*The nano iOne CAN be upgraded to full LED functionality: please open an iFi support ticket for more assistance. Upgrades available from 1st June 2018.
For the nano iDSD BL: MQA LED is Magenta
For the nano iDSD LE & original: MQA LED is White
Firmware v5.30 ‘Cookies & Cream’
It has been optimised for MQA compatibility – this is the most significant development.
For optimised DSD512/PCM768, please use firmware v5.20.
iFi XMOS Firmware versions 5.30/5.20 are NOT suitable for: iDAC, iLINK and AMR DP-777.
So please do NOT FLASH these machines.
• Do not use the following firmware on any other iFi product not listed above.
• For earlier firmware versions v4.06 and earlier, the firmware versions are NOT unified. Please check carefully the version is suited to your model.
• Firmware updates inherently carry risk of damage to the unit and of voiding your warranty.
• As the iFi XMOS firmware is heavily customized by iFi in-house, under NO circumstances attempt to use this firmware on any other non-iFi XMOS platform.
Download the latest firmware from below.
*Do NOT use 5.2A on any other products other than nano iDSD, micro iDAC2, nano iDSD LE, nano iDSD BL, nano iOne and xDSD.
*As with all such firmware upgrade, there is a risk of bricking your iFi product if something went wrong during the upgrade. If your iFi product is bricked, you need to send it back to the dealer/distributor for repair.
We do not recommend the user to upgrade or downgrade the firmware just for fun. Only do the upgrade or downgrade when necessary.
Step 2: Follow the upgrade instructions here.