micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD – Firmware
With some minor revisions, the iFi XMOS firmware version 5.2 ‘Limoncello’ is ready for public download.
This latest firmware v5.2 ‘Limoncello’ is unified (read: works on the following machines):
• micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD
• micro iDAC2
• RETRO Stereo 50
• nano iDSD
iFi XMOS Firmware version 5.2 is NOT suitable for: iDAC, iLINK, AMR DP-777. So please do NOT FLASH these machines with v5.2.
Non-iFi customers should NOT download this firmware for other non-iFI XMOS devices. This firmware is proprietary XMOS firmware and is for iFi-specified products only. You risk damage to your machine if you attempt to flash your non-iFi XMOS dac with this firmware.
For the micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD:
1) Firmware v5.2 ‘Limoncello’
The very latest in-house firmware version 5.2 for ALL iFi products is available. It is very similar to Gelato v5.1 but there some nice, minor improvements:
i. Small code optimisations.
ii. Fixed issues surrounding DoP standard; including ‘clicks’ when changing tracks and sonic differences to native DSD.
and sub-version 5.2B:
2) This is strictly for Smartphone users ONLY, there is no other reason to use 5.2B on the micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD.
• The micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD will try to recharge while in Sleep Mode (e.g. when connected to a PC). If connected to a Smartphone which is ‘seen’ as a computer, it will recharge via the Smartphone.
• 5.2B disables the Sleep Mode within the micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD; hence it will no longer try to recharge during Sleep Mode and flatten the Smartphone’s battery.
• Do NOT use 5.2B on any other products other than micro iDSD BL & micro iDSD.
Note: As with all such firmware upgrade, there is a risk of bricking your iFi product if something went wrong during the upgrade. If your iFi product is bricked, you need to send it back to the dealer/distributor for repair.
Hence we do not recommend the user to upgrade or downgrade the firmware just for fun. Only do the upgrade or downgrade when necessary.
Follow the upgrade instructions here.