iFi USB Audio Class 2.0 Driver Installation & Download
Apple MAC OSX and Linux support USB audio class 2 natively, hence no driver is needed.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 Driver Installation Process:
Please manually uninstall all previous XMOS related drivers (XMOS, AMR, iFi or from other vendors) and reboot the computer before installing this latest driver. Depending on the computer hardware, you may have to reinstall the driver again if the USB port to which the iFi USB Audio device is attached is changed.
1) Download the driver file.
Download: iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe
(In some instances it may be necessary to disable the anti virus software to install this driver.)
2) Run the “iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe” file you downloaded.
3) Follow the on screen instructions and ensure the iFi equipment is plugged in.
1) To use the newly installed driver, under “Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound”, select “iFi (by AMR) HD + USB Audio”.
2) For software players that support ASIO and/or WASAPI interfaces, we recommend using those interfaces for the best sound. Please refer to each individual player’s instructions for details.
This V2.26.0 driver update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Stream startup optimized to reduce startup latency. Startup delay is reduced from ~100ms to ~20ms
- DFU GUI utility: status output revised, improved support for resizeable dialog, another firmware upgrade now requires to restart the application, ESC key doesn’t close the application
- Subdevice creation is more generic now: a subdevice will be created for any IAD or interface that is not claimed by Audio, MIDI, DFU
- Stream formats (alternate settings) parsing is more flexible now. PCM and RAW/DSD formats can be placed in any order
Automatic uninstall of earlier version from 2.0 upwards
• Bug fixes
- ASIO streaming stops unexpectedly if control panel defers closing a handle of an already removed device
- On device add/remove ASIO Reset was unnecessarily issued to all ASIO host instances including those attached to another device instance
- Control panel app: – close handle on device remove, even if the app is hidden
- DFU wizard app: – ‘ready’ status not displayed before the firmware was specified
- Control panel app: focus was caught after PnP events when minimized to Systray
- Audio Control descriptor parsing for MIDI was not working for all UAC 1.0 devices
iFi nano iDSD
iFi micro iDAC
iFi micro iDAC2
iFi micro iLink
iFi micro iDSD
iFi RETRO Stereo 50
Before proceeding, a user note.
In the event that any incompatibility issues arise with v2.26, then please download and use v2.23 (Download:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver – for installation – 2.23.exe).
For further technical queries, please open a support ticket here: http://support.ifi-audio.com/